Host your own event
Simple, sophisticated, private or open to the public - go for it!
How to host your own event
World's Greatest Shave is lots of laughs especially when you stage your own shave!
It's lots of laughs!
World’s Greatest Shave is more fun when you stage your own shave!
Your shave event can be as simple or sophisticated as you want and held any day that suits you.
Hold an event at work and don't just keep it in-house. Tap up your clients, suppliers, families of employees – and really get behind the cause.
Working together will make you all feel good about supporting people with blood cancer and their families. With the Leukaemia Foundation behind them, they can focus on what’s most important - their treatment.
- Auction off the right to shave the brave!
- Run a raffle!
- Make sure everyone wears colour on the day!
- Try hair chalk, hair spray, coloured gels, wax - even face-paint if some of the guys are bald already - you can get creative on their sconces!
- Have a BBQ or morning tea.
- Invite the local paper to take pics!
- Have lots of collecting boxes for those last-minute donations.
Hosting a public shave event
We'll provide you with a special host kit and help you every step of the way.
Get in touch
Fill out the form below and we'll get right back to you, provide you with a special host kit and list your event online on our website.
When and where
- Do some research and see when and where other events are on in your area.
- Choose a day and time that suits you. The official dates are Wednesday March 14 – Sunday March 18, 2018.
- Hold your event at times and days when more people can attend. For example, Thursday 5.30-7.30pm, Friday 3.30-5.30pm and Saturday 10-12am or 2-4pm.
- We recommend limiting your event to 2hrs maximum.
- Find a suitable venue (a shopping centre, foyer, a prominent city square).
Decide how it will work
- Have an MC belting out fast facts.
- Have a photographer on hand to take before and after photos of shavees and colourees (which can be sold for a donation).
- Do a run sheet including contact details for everyone.
- Have a local celebrity shavee or shaver.
- Public Liability insurance. We’ll send you our policy, but some venues also need their own.
- Recruit volunteers for the event.
Make your event stand out!
- Publicise your event throughout the venue with leaflets, posters and announcements.
- Ask your local radio station to advertise for you.
- Involve retailers, colleagues, or community groups such as the police or sporting clubs by challenging them to compete against one another to raise the most money or shave the most heads. Organising a prize for the winner can increase people’s involvement.
- Contact your local council to see if they can help promote the event.
Fun ideas to raise money
- Have a raffle or auction: Get a local business to donate vouchers or any kind of prize that can be used in a raffle or auction. Ask us about tickets if you need them.
- Host a BBQ: Find a local business that is happy to supply food for a BBQ and sell for a donation (ask local community groups to help).
- Auction or raffle the right to shave someone else: this is a great opportunity if you have a celebrity. Sell a raffle ticket or run an auction to win the right to shave a celebrity’s hair.
- Bake chin faces and sell them.
- Buy extra hats and shirts online, to sell at your event.
Want to host a shave?
Let us know and we'll help you!
Prefer to call or send a letter?
Phone: 1800 500 088
Address: Leukaemia Foundation
GPO Box 9954
IN YOUR CAPITAL CITY