Welcome to Media HQ! Here you’ll find everything you need for a great story on World’s Greatest Shave.
Great images, important stories.
With over 20,000 extraordinary people shaving, colouring or cutting each year, World’s Greatest Shave unites communities in their mission to shave the world from blood cancer.
Did you know?
- Right now, 47 Australians are told every day that they have blood cancer (that’s one person every 31 minutes) and 20 people will lose their life to blood cancer daily.
- This makes blood cancer one of the most frequently diagnosed cancers in Australia.
- Leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma are types of blood cancer. They can develop in anyone, at any time, at any age.
- Funds raised from World's Greatest Shave empower Australian families facing blood cancer and accelerate blood cancer research to reach our bold goal: Zero Lives Lost to Blood Cancer by 2035.
- The Leukaemia Foundation is the only national charity dedicated to helping more Australians with leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and related disorders survive their blood cancer and live their best life.
- The Leukaemia Foundation stands with every Australian to cure and conquer every type of blood cancer, with care.
- That's why so many Australians are as passionate as us about this campaign... and why your support is so vital.
Resources for media
Every year, thousands of people from across Australia sign up to participate in World’s Greatest Shave. Many of these people have been directly or indirectly impacted by blood cancer, and additionally, many are willing and happy to tell their story and motivations for shaving. If you are a journalist looking for information to assist you in developing a story, our media team can provide you with details about:
- The history of World’s Greatest Shave – well-known people and celebrities who have taken part and money raised so far.
- The people participating this year – human interest stories, photo opportunities, fun and interesting shave events.
- Facts and statistics about blood cancer in Australia including leukaemia, lymphomas, myeloma and other related blood disorders.
- Where the money raised from World’s Greatest Shave goes – including our vast range of services and support for people living with blood cancer and how we are working with our superhero shavers towards our goal of zero lives lost to blood cancer by 2035.
Resources for participants. Share your story!
When you sign up to World’s Greatest Shave, we can provide you with some fantastic resources and information to help you contact to your local media and create a great story. Every year, many participants share their stories and help us raise awareness for this iconic and much-loved fundraising event. If you are interested in sharing your World’s Greatest Shave story with your local media, click on the Media Toolkit button below.