Blood cancer is Australia’s hidden cancer crisis — and we’re all part of the solution
Today, another 50 Australians will be told the heartbreaking news that they’ve been diagnosed with a blood cancer, joining more than 110,000 people living with the devastating impact of Australia's second most diagnosed cancer.
Thankfully, there is hope — and it comes in the form of one of Australia’s most well-loved fundraising campaigns — the Leukaemia Foundation’s World’s Greatest Shave. For 24 years, individuals, teams, schools, and workplaces have raised money to shave, colour or cut their hair — making it their mission to beat this devastating disease. You can join them and make your own impact against blood cancer!Sign up!
How we put your funds to work last year
Money raised through campaigns such as World’s Greatest Shave allows the Leukaemia Foundation to offer expert support and fund leading-edge research to make a change for Australians facing blood cancer. In the last year, participants of World’s Greatest Shave have helped fund the following:
• 733 rural and regional families kept together during treatment
• 39,393 nights of accommodation provided near hospital
• Transportation provided to 392 patients attending medical appointments
• 150 patients taking part in 7 clinical trials supported by the Leukaemia FoundationLearn more
Shave. Cut. Colour. Join the World's Greatest Shave community and make a life-changing difference today
- Sign upRegister as an individual, team, school or workplace.
- Enter the details of your eventSet your fundraising goal and your shave date!
- Customise your fundraising pageAdd a photo to your profile and share why you're taking part!
- And shave, cut or colourUpdate your do on your shave date!
How will you take part?
Sign up and fundraise as an individual or take part together with others
Shave, Cut or Colour your hair as an individual and fundraise for the Leukaemia Foundation.
Join a team
Search for an existing team to join and fundraise together with friends, family at work or school.